FC3 Mail Server Spam Assassin

Aaron M. Hirsch aaronh at uptime.net
Thu Apr 14 12:21:39 UTC 2005

Bob Chiodini wrote:

>How should I set up SPAM Assassin/sendmail to filter email for all
>users?
>
>I have FC3 running fetchmail and Cyrus IMAP for my family and noticed
>that only the mail read by Evolution passes through spamd.  The kids and
>the wife use Thunderbird and Outlook Express on windows. Their email
>apparently does not run through spamd.
>
>I'm guessing MIMEDefang as a sendmail milter.  Is the the accepted
>method?  Could it be done with swith sieve?

Mimedefang works great!  I have a similar setup as yours, except I am
already using mimedefang and clamav-milter, to scan for viruses, on all
incoming and outgoing emails.  Here's a couple of links that go into
more detail:
http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/#s5
http://sial.org/howto/mimedefang/clamav/

--
Aaron M. Hirsch

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.