Upgrade from RH7.1 to FC3, any comments?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 14 17:11:27 UTC 2005

Rick Lim wrote:
> Has anyone upgraded from RH7.1 to FC3 directly via CDROM?
> Any comments from survivors of this upgrade?
>
> Any recommendations?
> Should I go from RH7.1 -> RH9.X -> FC1 - > FC3?
>
> TIA

Every time this is asked on the list, it is recommended that you go
through the different versions to make life easier.  Of course it is
also recommended that a full, clean install is better.  My option is a
full clean install.  My move from RH 8 to FC1 was not the nicest
experience.

Why would you want to install 3 other version to get to FC3?  There
are so many changes that have occurred.

--
Robin Laing