light printing - geting closer, problem with omni driver?

Birt, Jeffrey birtj at umr.edu
Thu Apr 14 20:50:14 UTC 2005

On 4/14/05, Birt, Jeffrey <birtj at umr.edu> wrote:
> I just added a LPS printer to my FC box.  It prints VERY light from
FC3,
> prints fine from Windows.  The printer is an HP 4M Plus and I've tried
> both the 4MP and 4M Plus drivers.  Any suggestions?
>
> Jeff Birt
> Electronics Engineer
> Integrated Systems Facility
> University of Missouri - Rolla
> 573.341.6058

Check the "Driver Options" settings for "toner density".

Thanks to an email from Kam, I tried using a HP 4 driver, which included
the toner density settings under "Driver Option" and prints fine
(black).  I noticed that some of the printers in the HP 4xxx series use
the Omni drive and some use hpijs.  The ones that use Omni are the ones
that print VERY light and the hpijs prints fine.