BUG: check your ntpd, it may be dead

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 14 23:08:23 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 Apr 2005 22:48, Florin Andrei wrote:

> Which kernel are you using?
>
> See the bug report again, apparently upgrading to the latest FC3 kernel
> update will kill ntpd (at least on some machines, if not all).
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
>
> http://florin.myip.org/

Today I'm using the 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel without any problems. Yesterday
using the 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 kernel, I had problems with two machines freezing,
one at work whilst logging off KDE, the other at home whilst using Firefox.

They've both got fairly expensive power supplies and UPS protection, so it
can't have been a power problem, therefore I would tend to suspect the new
kernel.