How do I run installed applications???

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Apr 15 02:14:24 UTC 2005

Jason Hoskins wrote:

> How do I determine where an application is installed in Fedora Core
> 3?  I have installed a couple of apps using RPMs and I do not know how
> to start them.  I have found Netscape which from the terminal I type
> '/.Netscape' and it sounded like it was starting, waited for a few
> minutes and returned to the command prompt.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Jason, you can do a whereis 'filenane', minus the quotes and it should
tell you where it is. Below is an examle for firefox,

[root at localhost ~]# whereis firefox
firefox: /usr/bin/firefox /usr/lib/firefox /usr/share/man/man1/firefox.1.gz

or which
[root at localhost ~]# which firefox
/usr/bin/firefox
 HTH. Cheers.