how to configure modem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Apr 15 12:54:30 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 15.04.2005 schrieb Claude Jones um 8:59:

> I've got a USR modem, and it works fine, but it makes a terrible racket.
> Whether from Kermit or my preferred program which is ProComm running in a dos
> emulator, I can't seem to control much at all, especially the modem volume. I
> can't find much on the net, except tons of instructions for configuring KPPP
> which doesn't help much. KPPP doesn't do vt220 terminal emulation, so it's
> not going to help. Is there some other way of setting modem behavior?

> Claude Jones

You could use minicom to "speak" with you modem to set some internal
registers. I am sure you can mute the speaker with some AT commands
(they are  modem specific and to be found in the manual).

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:53:08 up 3 days, 11:33, load average: 0.15, 0.16, 0.11