how to configure modem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Apr 15 14:48:45 UTC 2005

On Friday April 15 2005 10:31 am, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On 4/15/05, Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
> > I've got a USR modem, and it works fine, but it makes a terrible racket.
> > Whether from Kermit or my preferred program which is ProComm running in a
> > dos emulator, I can't seem to control much at all, especially the modem
> > volume. I can't find much on the net, except tons of instructions for
> > configuring KPPP which doesn't help much. KPPP doesn't do vt220 terminal
> > emulation, so it's not going to help. Is there some other way of setting
> > modem behavior?
>
> You should find the following links helpful:

Thanks to all who've replied. I had thought that it was one of the 'AT'
commands and I tried several. I couldn't find anything in the docs, but I'll
search some more. For some reason, the CD that came with the modem couldn't
be read by the Linux box, so I'll look at it today at work. There's probably
a more comprehensive manual there.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA