help with USB drive

Charles Li cli168 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 15:10:21 UTC 2005

Sorry, it’s actually a usb pen drive, with 128MB of
space.  It was default formatted when I got it.

I mounted the drive in another machine and it came up
fine.
When I do mount on this machine, I get this:
/dev/sda1 on /media/UDISK_2_0 type vfat

I was thinking that the usb port on the first machine
is bad, but if it’s bad, why would the light come on
when I plug in the drive?  Is there a way to test the
usb port?

Thanks,
Charles Li