Trying first Fedora install

Chris Negus cnegus at mwt.net
Fri Apr 15 15:05:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 10:27 -0500, linux at flippingdades.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install FC3 from the DVD that came with the Linux Bible.
> It supposedly is a complete install.

The DVD that comes with the Linux Bible includes the complete set of
Fedora Core 3 binaries, as well as a bootable KNOPPIX. It is not just
the Fedora 3 DVD iso. Pressing enter at the boot prompt will boot
KNOPPIX. If that works, the media is probably okay. Reboot and type
linux to install Fedora.

> I've gotten various error, but one that is frequent is: at the prompt I
> type Fedora and the screen goes blank then says "crc error --System
> halt"

Is it possible that you have a bad hard disk?

-- Chris Negus