No way to access nfs mounts with file open dialog?

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Fri Apr 15 17:11:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 09:20 -0700, Hugh Caley wrote:
> > I agree with you about the design problem. Can you not drill down by
> >
> >first double clicking on Filesystem in the left frame?  It would be nice
> >if the non-local mount points were in the top level, similar to those
> >file systems mounted in /media.
> >
> >Bob...
> >

> Unfortunately, I'm talking about automounted filesystems; they literally
> aren't there for me to choose in the dialog.  In other words, I have to
> cd to them before they exist.
>
> Hugh

The "missing" mountpoints are definitely a pain for nautilus or any
other filesystem browser.  One thing I have done in the past (though it
is a bit of ancient history for me)....  Create a symbolic link pointing
at the autofs mountpoint.  The symbolic link name then exists and, in
theory, I could double click it, thus activating autofs to perform the
mount.....

HTH,

--Rob