network stalls on Fedora Core 3

Keith Fetterman kfetterman at go2marine.com
Fri Apr 15 17:57:47 UTC 2005

Christofer,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will have to reinstall FC3 again.  Right now, I have the latest Ubuntu
Linux (v5.04)  running on the box. I had RedHat Enterprise 3 running
yesterday. But, I needed a subscription to update it, and I didn't want
to pay for it for a computer that I only need for about 3 weeks.  So I
decided to try Ubuntu.

You are not going to believe this.  The problem also exists in this
version of Ubuntu.  The only common thread that I can see is between
these two Linux OS's is the 2.6 kernel.  Ubuntu is essentially Debian
underneath.  I did a uname -r on the Ubuntu system.  The kernel is:
2.6.10-5-386

I guess it is back to RHE3.  Darn.

Keith

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On 4/15/05, Keith Fetterman <kfetterman at go2marine.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any idea why the FC3 OS might be having this problem
>>and what I can do or who to report the problem too?
>

> Sounds like a bug in the kernel.  Have you installed the updated
> kernel?  If not, try doing that and seeing if you can reproduce the
> issue.  If installation of the newer kernel update *caused* then
> issue, does downgrading correct it?  In fact, what kernel version is
> running on the machine?
>
> $ uname -r
>
> Regardless, if you're encountering a bug in a Fedora release, the
> correct place to report those (and follow the fix process) is here:
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Keith Fetterman                          206-780-5670
Mariner Supply, Inc.                     kfetterman at go2marine.com
http://www.go2marine.com