Need help getting clamav working

Bob Brennan rbrennan96 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:35:34 UTC 2005

On 4/15/05, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 18:28 +0100, Bob Brennan wrote:

> > > Install them all at the same time:
> > >
> > > # rpm -Uvh clam*.rpm
> > >
> > > This bundles all the packages into the same transaction, where they are
> > > able to resolve each other's dependencies.
> >
> > # rpm -Uvh clam*.rpm
> > # error: File not found by glob: clam*.rpm
> >
> > I'm smart enough to know I either need to have added dag's repository
> > (and key?) somewhere or have already downloaded the rpm files
> > somewhere. But not smart enough to know where or how. Or where to find
> > out, sorry.
>
> How did you provoke your computer into telling you about the dependency
> loop?

I go to (using firefox's file un-roller)
  http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/
click on
  clamav-0.83-1.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm
which tries to install but needs clamav-db
so I click on
  clamav-db-0.83-1.1.el3.rf.i386.rpm
which reports it needs data(clamav)
which I found elsewhere and installed but it doesn't matter
then I tried
  clamd-0.83-1.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm
which needs clamav which was the first thing I tried to install!

I tried the same thing at the clamav site, also stuck on dependencies.
yum from the fc3-extras is the only thng I could make work but as you
said it is out-of-date and doesn't include freshclam.

Assume I have just enough knowledge/experience to get myself into
trouble but not enough to get out... :-)

bob