dovecot problem

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Fri Apr 15 21:00:00 UTC 2005

I just finished upgrading my last RHL to FC3, and was checking on which imap
server to use. Supreisely I found that dovecot was installed by default, and
I was happy about the easiness of the configuration, and the good performace
it had.

The problem is thatthe package is tied to mysql. Personally, I don't really
get it. If it needs mysql (say to autenticate against a DB) where is the
mysql server!!!!

Also, I say that dovecot can be built againt ldap or PostgreSQL (I use this
last one) instead of mysql, so why does eveybody tie the imap server to a
particular DB?

--
 17:49:54 up 14 days,  2:18,  1 user,  load average: 1.53, 1.15, 0.98
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'