connecting multiple linux boxes..

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Sat Apr 16 23:16:51 UTC 2005

bruce wrote:

>hi...
>
>i've got a few fedora linux boxes and i'd like to know how i can go about
>connecting them so i can use the gnone/gui to drag/drop files from one box
>to the other. i don't have nfs installed. i can ssh from the command line to
>each other.

Probably the easiest is ftp.  If you go to System Settings --> Server
Settings --> Services you can edit the services you want to start.
Check "vsftpd" box and make sure you hit save.  Then, with vsftpd still
highlighted, click the start button.  This starts the ftp server and
then you should be good to go.  I use KDE/konqueror and I can type
"ftp://<user>@192.168.1.148" in the address bar and it takes me right to
that computer and prompts for the password. Not sure how gnome/nautilus
handle ftp, but i'm pretty sure it is very similar.  If not, give kde a
shot.  You might like it better :P.  Good luck.

-endy