Wireless sources?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Apr 17 04:32:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 07:11:28PM -0700, Don Russell wrote:
> Brian Truter wrote:
>
> >ATrpms currently has madwifi kernel modules in its repo. They work
> >great.I use a Linksys A/G PCMCIA adapter
>
> Can I configure yum somehow so it points to ATrpms, and then just do
> "yum install madwifi"?

Yes, but you need to specifiy for which kernel you wnat the kernel
modules for. Better try

yum install madwifi-kmdl-`uname -r` madwifi

> I tried d/l madwifi rpms and kept getting depency issues when trying to
> install. Including.. it wanted kernel-smp stuff evven though I only have
> a UP machine.

That's because if you don't explicitly tell yum for which kernel you
want it to install a kernel module rpm, it will pick a random one. Use
the command line above to get the proper packages.

http://ATrpms.net/install.html
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net