Watching DVDs?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 10:59:23 UTC 2005

On 4/17/05, Richard Crawford <rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 16 April 2005 12:16, Steve wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the proper way to enable DVD movie viewing in Fedora Core 3?
> >
> > I was able to get Totem to view MPEGs, but still can't watch DVDs.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
>
> I can watch DVD's just fine on either of my FC3 machines.  I use Xine to do
> so, simply because I like the interface.
>
> You might need to install libdvdcss on your computer, which will allow your
> player to decrypt the DVD's encryption.  You can get it with Yum or from
> freshrpms.net.
>
> --
> Richard S. Crawford
> http://www.mossroot.com
>

> --

I hope that I'm not hijaking this thread, but does anybody know how to
get any program (it doesn't matter which- I'm flexible) to play a DVD
and show subtitles from a file on my computer? There is a site that
provides hebrew subtitles to movies (I don't remember what the file
extension is right now- I'm at the university. But I think that it's
pretty standand). When I get home this evening (hint, hint) I'll be
needing it, and I won't have a lot of time (hint, hint) for
experimenting.

Thanks all! I always appreciate your help!

Dotan Cohen

http://Music-Liriks.com/