Help Getting Root's email to recipient

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Apr 17 18:56:11 UTC 2005

Am So, den 17.04.2005 schrieb Claude Jones um 20:40:

> Well, I tried this, but I probably misunderstood where you intended I put it.
> My crontab calls up this script:
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail start
> gotmail -u [my username] -p [mypassword] -f claude_jones at levitjames.com
> --delete
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail stop

Put the 3 commands - but see Matthew's comment about Sendmail running (I
second to not stop that service) - into 1 bash script and run that from
crontab.

> I tried putting your suggested line,  "/dev/null 2>&1" at the top of this
> script, an after the second line, but neither of these worked --
> Is this the right script? Right position in the script? Or are you speaking of
> putting this line in the Perl script? When you say "behind the script
> command" I'm not clear what you mean, exactly.

Well, the command sequence is meant to redirect the output to electronic
nirvana.

gotmail -u [my username] -p [mypassword] -f claude_jones at levitjames.com
--delete > /dev/null 2>&1

> Claude Jones

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:53:03 up 5 days, 17:33, load average: 0.04, 0.18, 0.23