Printing from XP on FC3 servers (HP1010 and 2550 Printers) + NFS problem

Livhu Tshisikule livhu.tshisikule at telkomsa.net
Mon Apr 18 08:51:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have three FC3 Servers giving me some nightmares.
The machines has been working for a while without any hassle. HP1010 is
connected to host1 and HP2550 to host2 I used to print to both printers from
my XP boxes without any problem. All of a sudden I could not print on HP1010
only from XP but from other Unix box it wasa fine. So I decided to share the
printers on both machines and it works for some time then the HP2550 follows.

On XP  --- Printers
HP1010 on Host1 USB Connection
HP1010 on Host2 Network to Host1
HP2550 on Host1 Network to Host2
HP2550 on Host2 USB Connection

My third server FC3, has much bigger problem, it was also working for a long
time. Now I cannot connect to it from other boxes only pinging to it
 works. the machine itself is up and running, I can browse on the internet,
ssh to other machines, mount other directories from other boxes. Using lsof
-i it shows that the services are running, sshd, nfs, samba etc

Regards
Livhu Tshisikule
Tel/Fax 012 323 43 66
Cell 083 55 66 838
Alt. E-mail livhu.tshisikule at webmail.co.za
WEB http://dembe.netfirms.com
Dembe Open Source Unix Solutions(DOSUS)
"Mubva hana nzie, nzie dzi khoroni"
"I rema nga lunwe mbevhana mulindi u do vhuya wa dala"