building php with oracle support

Marius Andreiana malists at epon.ro
Mon Apr 18 10:40:21 UTC 2005

I'm trying to build php with oracle support in FC4t2.
Is there a way to pass the with_oci8 as true parameter to rpmbuild?
Now I manually edit php.spec and define it to 1.

I got an error on rpmbuild as I don't know how to pass _with_oci8 parameter and
I just changed in php.spec
%define with_oci8 1

But later in spec some places use %{with_oci8} (which is true) and other use
%{?_with_oci8:oci8} which is false.

This is the error:
RPM build errors:
    Could not open %files file /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.0.4/files.oci8: No
such file or directory

It seems this is because the for() uses %{?_with_oci8:oci8} which is
false because of my define and not passing somehow this parameter to
rpmbuild.

Thanks in advance,
--
Marius Andreiana
Epon -- future-proof business applications