FC3 SETUP FOR ADSL USB MODEM

Manivannan. M manikpi at singnet.com.sg
Mon Apr 18 14:10:55 UTC 2005

Can someone help me with ADSL USB modem setup for internet/email connection.

  I have installed FC3 on Saturday & trying to get connected to internet. But I am new to Linux and not an IT expert to configure them. All I can get are the following. I need the connection real soon. Please help

  In the Hardware Browser>>System Devices I am seeing the following:

  Alcatel DynaMite Modem
  Amtel corp. 4-Port Hub
  Intel corp 440 BX/ZX/DX-82443 BX/ZX/DX Host Bridge
  Linux 2.6.0-1.667 uhci_hcd UHCI Host Controller
  Chesen electronics Corp Keyboard

  Thanks.

  Note: My modem is not an ethernet modem, its USB !