No video with mplayer and mplayer-plugin

Julien Le Houérou julien_lh at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 18 15:11:00 UTC 2005

Hi, I have this problem too, after having ran xawdecode(xawtv) on my 2nd
screen. The only way to get mplayer to work on the main screen is to
append -vo x11, but i don't get fullscreen mode. It appears that after
running xawdecode on the 2nd display, there is a process in zombie state
named "[play] defunct" that i can't kill at all. Yesterday i noticed
that running xawdecode on the main screen and switching it off killed
the process, and mplayer worked greatly again.

I find this strange, anyway it seems to be working that way...

Regards,

--
Julien Le Houérou