Boot kernel in custom cd

Mandar Deodhar mandar at netcore.co.in
Tue Apr 19 08:23:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have built a custom FC1 cd by removing all the unwanted rpms and
making a single cd which suits my purpose.

What i have not been able to find is how to upgrade the boot kernel
which is used by the installer when installing the FC1. The original
boot kernel in FC1 cd does not have support for certain things like sata
drives or certain scsi,lan cards.

Due to lack of such drivers the installation itself fails as it is not
able to initialise the harddisk via the scsi cards.I have been trying to
understand how to upgrade the boot kernel which resides in the isolinux
directory of the cd.

But have no success and also am unable to find any help via google.

Does anybody know how to achieve this, especially as to how to handle
the modules.dep, modules.cgz etc. Any informative link would also be
very helpful to me.

Mandar Deodhar