Scary cron daemon message

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Apr 19 18:16:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 11:02 -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> I have my server at home set to check my e-mail using fetchmail every five
> minutes.  When it generates an error, the error message is sent to my
> account.
>
> I received this error message a few minutes ago.  It scares me; should I be
> worried?

I could be wrong (there's insufficient detail) but it looks like you are
trying to bounce mail back to a non-existent sender domain. If that's
the case (and you allow fetchmail to bounce mail) then may I recommend
changing to discard to avoid creating backscatter to people who never
sent the mail to begin with?

--
Multi-RBL Check:         http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.htm
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm