dhcp evils

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Apr 19 18:35:39 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 19.04.2005 schrieb William Hooper um 20:20:

> >> dhclient-eth0.leases screams relevant to me.
> >
> > I had thought so to until someone told me that
> > dhcp didn't provide hostnames.
>
> They are mistaken.

> William Hooper

If I remember correctly the information in question came as a comment
about the discussion getting a dynamic hostname from dial-in to the
internet service provider. At least I too find it unusual that an ISP's
server gives back something like "stmike" as DHCP hostname, even when
the client asks for this name. Though it seems to happen.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:31:13 up 7 days, 17:11, load average: 0.29, 0.24, 0.17