Multiple NICs configuration

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Apr 21 07:45:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 22:52 -0700, Corey wrote:
> [...]

"GATEWAY" is intended for setting up your default route (i.e. where to
route packets for that you don't have any other specific route for).
Usually this would be your route to the Internet, and you'd need one
only for one interface.

My guess is that you only need eth1 to connect to clients on that
particular LAN and do not need any gateway for it at all. I would just
put GATEWAY=10.10.10.1 in /etc/sysconfig/network and leave it at that.
No GATEWAYDEV necessary.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>