stop kernel module loading at boot

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Apr 21 17:41:17 UTC 2005

Birt, Jeffrey wrote:
> I had installed Linuxant's driverloader to be able to use my wireless
> card in my laptop.  I could not get it to work with S3 (suspend to ram)
> so I uninstalled it (by Linuxants directions) and its kernel module
> still loads at boot time (although I can't locate it with modprobe?).  I
> have had no luck trying to figure out what causes it to load at boot.
> I've checked modules.conf rc.local etc with no luck.  Any ideas?

You didn't say which Fedora you're running.  If you have a 2.6 kernel,
then it's /etc/modprobe.conf that you should be looking at.  The
module should be located somewhere in /lib/modules/`uname -r`, so:

	find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name whatever.ko -print

should reveal it to you.
-    If your broker is so damned smart...why is he still working?    -