Creative WebCam for Notebook problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Apr 21 21:04:03 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 21.04.2005 schrieb Manu Linux Lookit um 22:59:

> > That is not true in this way. The pwc module isn't for each and every
> > Creative webcam! There are even different webcam models with different
> > chips even if they have the same name. You can't be always sure which
> > you have. The USB ID is important. And as there is a different driver
> > for cams with the specific ID "041e:401f" (see my other posting) I doubt
> > the pwc driver fits. Btw. the Fedora kernel has that module.
>
> I've got 2 webcam creative : notebook and sphere. I can use them only
> with the pwc driver with permit me to do stream dataflow.
>
> you can use the drive for these 2 webcams.

Then please be so kind and post your output of /sbin/lsusb from both
cams. As said, the names say not much. This is documented with the pwc
module and the old pwc/pwcx module.

http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~doru-cat/webcams.htm

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:01:19 up 9 days, 19:41, load average: 0.21, 0.21, 0.18