Fedora Core 3 Install on a Dell SC1425

Todd Chapman tachapman at ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 22 00:03:41 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply Gary.

Unfortunately, I get the same result with RAID enabled. Funny thing is, I
see the correct driver (ata_piix) being loaded when Fedora Core install is
started. Then I get the message "No hard drives have been found. You
probably need to manually choose the drivers for the installation to
succeed. Would you like to select the drivers now?" I then select 'Yes'.
When I get to the 'Devices' screen, the correct driver is listed. I select
done, and then anaconda starts and the GUI installation screen comes up.
After specifying my country and language, I am prompted to select the type
of installation. I have tried Server and Custom. The next screen prompts to
specify how the drive will be partitioned. The options are Automatically and
Using Disk Druid. I have tried both options and each time I get the
following error message:

An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new
file systems. Please check you hardware for the cause of this problem.

I select 'OK' and the system reboots.

Getting VERY frustrated!

Todd