stop kernel module loading at boot

Birt, Jeffrey birtj at umr.edu
Fri Apr 22 01:10:09 UTC 2005

I had installed Linuxant's driverloader to be able to use my wireless
card in my laptop.  I could not get it to work with S3 (suspend to ram)
so I uninstalled it (by Linuxants directions) and its kernel module
still loads at boot time (although I can't locate it with modprobe?).  I
have had no luck trying to figure out what causes it to load at boot.
I've checked modules.conf rc.local etc with no luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks for all the replies, I never did figure out where is was being loaded, got desperate and serached for any file named driverloader* and removed it.  No messages during boot about not being able to load it, so I guess it's OK.

Jeff_Birt