KWifiManager not saving configuration

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 22 19:51:08 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 9:33 am, Birt, Jeffrey wrote:
> I have tried to set up KWifiManager with different configurations only
> to find out it does not seem to save them.  Alternatively, when I try to
> add a second configuration for wlan0 (in the same or different profile)
> in the Network Configuration applet, it forces it to Static IP, even
> though I had dynamic with DHCP selected.
>
> I searched the archives, Bugzilla (though I wish I could have found a
> simple keyword search in Bugzilla, maybe I missed it?) and Google and
> found a hint that there is/was a problem with KWifi but never found a
> resolution.

I filed a bug report and never heard anything of it. Sometimes I get the
feeling that KDE doesn't quite get the same attention as GNOME from Red
Hat/Fedora. I wish I was a better coder with more time, as I'd try to dive in
myself. Being a grad student makes that not very feasible at the moment. I
wish I had an answer for you.

Aloha,
--
Chris Stark