What's the best way to make an update cd for FC3?

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 22 20:03:52 UTC 2005

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I was looking at the process for updating the FC3 distro cds:
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/gene_czarcinski/update_distro/
>
> But that is a lengthy process, esp. as it requires the downloading of
> approximately 9 ISO files. I'm not sure if I can spare than much
> bandwidth (and wait so long). So I'm asking: What is the best way to
> produce an update cd that will update the system afer it has been
> installed from the normal i386 cds?
>
> Thank you.

Keep downloading the latest rpm update packages into a directory of your
system (This is to be your local repository), this can be achived by
using wget, and then use yum to point to that local directory to do the
update for you automatically.
I am at work and my machine is set to do that at home, so can not give
you details, you can use google to find the use of wget (key word "wget
manual" and "wget commands"), for using yum to update from your local
repository, go to fedoranews.org  and you will find the articles.