Fedora Core 3 Install on a Dell SC1425

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Apr 23 07:40:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 20:26, Todd Chapman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to install Fedora Core 3 on a Dell PowerEdge 1425SC
> with 2 160GB hard drives attached to the on-board SATA controller.
> Not using RAID. When I attempt to perform the install, I am prompted
> with a message that there are no hard drives found. I have seen some
> other people reporting the same thing with different PowerEdge
> models, but cannot seem to find any response containing a solution.
> Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
I've seen the same with newer Dell precisions - it had to do in that
case with the 'mode' that the onboard SATA controller was using (I
can't remember the actual setting names now, but there were 3 options)
have you tried changing this in the BIOS?

Stuart

--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP
A clever prophet makes sure of the event first.