Problems adding a RAID card to FC1

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Sun Apr 24 00:06:57 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 22.04.2005 schrieb M.Hockings um 20:47:
<snip>

> http://www.ite.com.tw/software_download/software_download2.asp
>
> Alexander

Thanks Alexander!

That link is a good resource for this card.

I was able to download the driver, get it compiled and running with
little problem. The only downside is that for some weird reason it is
causing IDE disk 1 to be booted rather than IDE disk 0 when I have
drives attached to the RAID card.  With no drives attached to the RAID
card then IDE disk 0 boots normally, weird.  To get around this I'm just
leaving a "Ultimate Boot CD" in the drive as it defaults to boot disk 0
after 5 minutes and all is fine. Though the RAID card driver (iteraid.o)
does insert it's own delays into the boot process as well.  All, in all
though I'm considering it a success as this machine gets rebooted so
seldom it really doesn't matter.

Mike