Say no to Software Patents...

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:52:53 UTC 2005

On 4/23/05, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>     A previous thread about multimedia issues (mp3, MS
> formats, etc.) and what can we do to help with the say
> not to patents issues.  I found a webpage that
> explains things better and would like to share it with
> you so that together we can do something to stop the
> negative effect of patents
>
> http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
>
> Choose your language and see what we can do to help
> the cause.  Since most of the users understand english
> follow this link to how we can help and about the
> dangers that Europe will face
>
> http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/en/m/help/index.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

This is a great site. And I just wanted to add that this concerns
every one of us, not only the ones living in Europe. The decision of
the EP will have repercussions all over the world, for sure. I would
like to see a similar movement not only there, because they are going
to vote it, but *everywhere else*, especially to try to revert the
patent laws where they were aproved already.

Gustavo Seabra                                           Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.                                   Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
Say NO! to software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com