FC4 T2 and Dell M70

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 02:08:58 UTC 2005

Has any one had luck installing Fedora (3 or 4) on a Dell M70 laptop? I just
got one and wiped Window out first thing. I was quite disappointed to learn
sound and wireless were not supported out in FC4. The audio is AC97 and the
wireless is a Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 a/b/g. I have searched the Internet
and found where other users were able to get Suse or Ubuntu installled will
little trouble. I have Fedora 4 T2 installed. No sound, I am still searching
the Internet to get this addressed. The wireless is very weird though. The
system does not see the built in wireless card at all. When I insert my old
Xircom wireless card the builtin Intel shows up - what's up with that? My
Xircom is not even listed. I have down loaded the drivers from Intel and
installed as indicated, still not luck.

My quesion is this, why does the builtin wireless card not show up until I
put my old Xircom card? Also why does the Xircom no work? I am downloading
the Suse live CD to see what happens. I would rather stick with Fedora if I
can get it to work with little effort. I realize FC4 is still in testing so
if I need to file a bug report I will.

Thank you,
Jamie Bohr