MyOSS Magazine has an article on suspend2 Was [Re: laptop suspend]

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Mon Apr 25 07:23:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 02:00 -0400, Gaspar Bakos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RE:
> > > I think "acpi=off apm=on" would be needed to give apm control over power
> > > management.
> > Just "acpi=off" works here.
>
> Indeed, this i can confirm. With acpi=off, the laptop suspend (or
> hybernate?) works again. Of course, there is no "acpi", and thus some
> other features become missing, for example, the CPU speed of the T40
> laptop gets stuck at 600MHz, and does not change depending on the
> presence of the AC input.
>
> I will try the stuff from http://www.suspend2.net.

You may want to check out the newest online magazine. The premier
edition has one article on getting suspend2 running.

I've got it working on my laptop and all I can say it it's much sweeter
then plain swsusp.

Coming from running to hibernate in less than 15 seconds!! Now, that's
FAST!

Go ahead and download it from http://mag.my-opensource.org

Please consider contributing articles to it as well.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz