I can't trust evolution with my emails (at the moment)

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 25 11:17:07 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 10:52 -0400, Erik Hemdal wrote:
> >I've just noticed _again_ that emails I've written to this list have
> >never turned up after about 12hrs. So, again something is wrong with
> >something in evolution, or it's allowed me to do something in the
> >settings without making me aware of the consequences.
> >

> This happens to me all the time. My postings take 2-3 days to appear,
> and I use either Thunderbird or (on Windows) Outlook.
> In addition most "original" posts don't seem to appear in digests that I
> receive. I just figured there is some kind of filtering going on the
> list based on username or email source....because I don't always send
> from the client I signed up with.
>
> >There is no apparent pattern to when this happens. To make things worse
> >emails which have been sent do not appear in my 'Sent' directory - so I
> >really have no idea which emails people have received from me and which
> >ones have melted into the ether.
> >

> This _does_ sound like an Evolution problem.
>
> >Anyone want to help me sort this out?
> >

> Would like to, but I couldn't even get Evolution to receive email when I
> installed FC3, which is why I went to Thunderbird. Did you find anything
> useful in the archives? I know that several "mystery" problems with
> Evolution were discussed in the past.

There are a couple of options in the mailing list configuration which
affect postings, i.e. whether you receive your own, and whether you
receive an acknowledgment.

You may want to try different settings for these.  Follow "unsubscribe"
the link at the end of this email.  At the bottom of that web page there
is a button marked "Unsubscribe or edit options".

I've noticed, if I send an email with a return address that is not the
one I registered with, I usually get a "waiting for moderator" email
asking me whether to continue waiting or cancel (through a URL).

I use evolution (evolution-2.0.4-4) and have only seen delays in posting
to the fedora-AMD64-list, as long as my return address is correct.

Bob...