Sendmail not sending WAS email app i can use

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Apr 25 14:45:15 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 25.04.2005 schrieb jim lawrence um 16:27:

Jim!

Please strip the quotes. No need to send all the previous mail text with
each new mail.

> To see if sendamil is configured properly, I ran these 2 commands
> is this ok?

Both commands can't show you all aspects of a well configured Sendmail
host.

> 10:24 AM[jim at jimsdesktop ~]$ cat /etc/mail/local-host-names
> localhost
> localhost.localdomain
> fedorajim.homelinux.com

The first two are not necessary as they are anyway part of class {w}.

> 10:24 AM[jim at jimsdesktop ~]$ cat /etc/mail/access
> # Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
> # of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
> # The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
> # package.
> #
> # by default we allow relaying from localhost...
> localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> localhost                       RELAY
> 127.0.0.1                       RELAY

That is default.

> 10:25 AM[jim at jimsdesktop ~]$
>
> I have to beklieve that sendmail is working fine because of the
> ability to send a email from localhost.localdomain

In conjunction with your previous mail: I doubt you can send to any
other host with such a mail address. Nowadays mail hosts should reject
non (public) resolvable domain names.

> Is my assumption correct ?

You will see the results of test mailing in your maillog.

> Jim Lawrence

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:39:03 up 13 days, 13:19, load average: 0.19, 0.19, 0.15