ghost libGL?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 25 19:40:21 UTC 2005

    These days FC3 tells me that there's one update available,
kdeartwork.  When I try to install it, it tells me that libGL.so is
needed.  Problem is, it is installed.  In two places, /usr/lib/ and
/usr/X11R6/lib/.  What has me baffled though is that if I run this:

    rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libGL.so

    It tells me that file isn't owned by any packages.  However, if I do
this:

    rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libGL.so.1

    Then it tells me what provides it just fine.  So, having those files
on the system, why does kdeartwork fail to update?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.