I can't trust evolution with my emails (at the moment)

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 19:49:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 10:24 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> I've just noticed _again_ that emails I've written to this list have
> never turned up after about 12hrs. So, again something is wrong with
> something in evolution, or it's allowed me to do something in the
> settings without making me aware of the consequences.
>
> There is no apparent pattern to when this happens. To make things worse
> emails which have been sent do not appear in my 'Sent' directory - so I
> really have no idea which emails people have received from me and which
> ones have melted into the ether.
>
> Anyone want to help me sort this out?

Please ensure this gets filed in Bugzilla, giving the version of
Evolution, Fedora Core, etc..

Any ideas yet on what's special about the emails that get lost?

If you're running tests, try launching Evolution from the command line,
with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 set.  This may give clues as to what't going
wrong.