ghost libGL?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Apr 25 20:03:40 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 25.04.2005 schrieb Ashley M. Kirchner um 21:40:

>     These days FC3 tells me that there's one update available,
> kdeartwork.  When I try to install it, it tells me that libGL.so is
> needed.  Problem is, it is installed.  In two places, /usr/lib/ and

1) I don't see a kdeartwork update package actually.
2) Sure it requires libGL.so and not libGL.so.1? I would wonder if it is
first as the .so files are needed for development.

$ rpm -qp --requires kdeartwork-3.3.1-1.i386.rpm | grep libGL
libGL.so.1
libGLU.so.1

> /usr/X11R6/lib/.  What has me baffled though is that if I run this:
>
>     rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libGL.so
>
>     It tells me that file isn't owned by any packages.  However, if I do

Maybe coming from a third party graphics driver like NVidia or ATI?

> this:
>
>     rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
>
>     Then it tells me what provides it just fine.  So, having those files
> on the system, why does kdeartwork fail to update?

Please be specific about which kdeartwork RPM you are speaking.

>   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410 x130

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:58:25 up 13 days, 18:38, load average: 0.85, 0.48, 0.33