Clock/Time issues

William John Murray w.murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 21:39:13 UTC 2005

[Lots of poeple discussing dual-booting and clock problems]

Well, this is interesting. My laptop, (Dellm Dual Boot, FC/XP, UTC) has
worked fine for
a couple of years. But this year the clock was really messed up by the
daylight saving time.
I don't use ntp under linux because I hit some firewall troubles, but I
think xp does it
by default. Anyway, I changed to use local time on linux but it is stil
the case, every time
I boot into XP and back the clock is 1 hr wrong by the end. Ever since
our daylight saving toime began. And it is even odder. If I fix the time
to be correct under Linux then
calendar entries (retrieved from an exchange server by Evolution ) show
all the events
happening at a time 1 hour too early.
  I never had this before. But whether xp2, luck of who was running when
the clock changed, or some FC3 issue is reponsible I don't know. I tend
to think it is the last one, because of the
last symptom I describe...
    Bill