Networking with other PC

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 11:19:01 UTC 2005

Manivannan. M wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 15:27 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
>>Am Mo, den 25.04.2005 schrieb Manivannan. M um 13:03:
>>
>>Please don't hijack other threads. You replied to a different thread
>>while you start a new topic. And please don't start a new topic with
>>prefix "Re: " - this is confusing.
>>

>>>1.    How do I network with other PC (e.g. FC3 to XP ). I have a ADSL
>>>ethernet modem connected to both PC. Does the internet connection must be
>>>on?
>>
>>http://www.fedoranews.org/ghenry/gateway/
>>

>>>2.    How do I find out the IP address in the FC3 OS
>>
>>/sbin/ifconfig
>>
>>Alexander
>>

>>--
>

> Didn't meant to hijack or whatsoever, just thought it was alright to
> start a new topic in this way. I would say, messing up rather than the
> word used "hijack". Is there anything wrong in putting a prefix "RE"
> usually letters or emails had this in front of a subject.
>
> Please clarify what/why is confusing so that all can learn !

hijacking is pretty much what happens to posts where the subject is
changed from other topics post. The message will be posted within a
thread that the message you used was topic changed. You can look through
the archives available at the link for all messages to see the effects.

Since your message will be in the thread that the message was Hijacked,
I would say that the message "got on the wrong bus" and is posted in the
foreign thread.

Jim

--
Theory of Selective Supervision:
	The one time in the day that you lean back and relax is