brute force ssh attack

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Apr 27 12:57:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 02:49:55PM +0200, Daniel Kirsten wrote:
> >Did you happen to have perl-suidperl installed?
> No

Well, not that one then.

You do have all of the latest patches installed and are running the current
kernel, right? Some investigation of the files the users installed and the
commands they ran if we're lucky (some of these people forget to clear
.bash_history) would be very helpful, 'cause it sounds like we've got an
unpatched exploit....