how to setup fc3 to ssh from remote server

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Apr 27 21:28:40 UTC 2005

That's not what you said before.  I quote:

"[server]$ ssh -X fc3-server
ssh: connect to address fc3-server port 22: No route to host"

> The following is the dig command output:
>
> [oracle at epic11 oracle]$ dig 172.20.3.53

No, not right.  To see what the IP address is for host "fc3-server",
the command would be

	dig fc3-server

To find out which HOST is associated with IP address 172.20.3.53 (called
a "reverse DNS lookup", the command would be

	dig -x 172.20.3.53

(note the "-x", meaning "reverse lookup").

Since you don't have a line such as:

	172.20.3.53	fc3-server

in /etc/hosts, you should be able to do a

	ssh 172.20.3.53

to access the machine by IP address.  Or add that line to /etc/hosts
and use "ssh fc3-server".
-           Denial.  It ain't just a river in Egypt anymore!         -