Apt-get equivalent in fedora

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 10:02:22 UTC 2005

Deboo Geek wrote:
> Is there any fedora equivalent to debian's apt-get? I see up2date is
> somewhat thatway but needs some registration with Redhat, is this
> registration free or do weneed to pay RH for this service?
>
> If anyone has some url that provides info on the debian and RH
> equivalent commands, please reply.

Take a look at

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

in my opinion, dag has one of the best kept repositories which are
available for either yum or apt-get, and is compatible with many others
(although not livna for fedora.us - see the "Truth and lies" for
details). Instructions are available on how to get started from the web
page too.

Chris