documentation on network install

Kenneth Geddings Jr. kgiris2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:26:19 UTC 2005

Stuart Sears wrote:

>On Thursday 28 April 2005 17:22, Stuart Sears wrote:
>

>>On Thursday 28 April 2005 15:20, Richard Ramson wrote:
>>

>>>Where can I find documentation on installing Fedora Core 3 using a
>>>network install instead of the cd?  Any help would be appreciated?
>>>

>>The redhat documentation would probably cover this:
>>http://www.redhat.com/docs (look at the docs for Red Hat Enterprise linux,
>>as it is based on Fedora Core)
>>
>>but setting up a network installserver and using it is really easy...
>>do the following:
>>decide how you wish to install (http, ftp or nfs)
>>copy the 'Fedora' directory from all of your CDs to a directory on your
>>install server (I use /var/ftp/pub) - making sure that you copy the Fedora
>>directory as well as its contents.
>>share the directory *containing* the 'Fedora' directory by you chosen
>>method (in my case /var/ftp/pub is shared both by NFS and ftp)
>>boot from CD1 and type
>>linux askmethod
>>choose the correct installation method when prompted
>>...and Bob's your uncle (as my parents used to say)
>>

>oh and when asked., point the installer at the directory above Fedora on your
>server - ie in my case, over ftp
>pub/
>and over NFS
>/var/ftp/pub
>

>Stuart

how about a documentery on network install?

(in the voice of the guy from the lives of the rich and famous::"

yes the age of the computer is a faascinating one, filled with ups and
downs and downs and ups today we will visit a modern computer user as he
chronicals the exciting world of network installations.