Firefox crash

Calvin Austin caustin at spikesource.com
Thu Apr 28 21:45:15 UTC 2005

Florin Andrei wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 14:34 -0700, Calvin Austin wrote:
>

>>The 5.0/1.5 plugin is compatible, viz it does accept earlier class
>>files, its the other way that isn't compatible. ie someone building a
>>5.0 applet cannot be run on a 1.4 browser in most cases
>>

>Calvin, the problem occured recently, without changing the Java version,
>but after upgrading either Firefox or Mozilla, i am not sure which,
>since i upgraded both before noticing the problem. Therefore it is a
>browser bug.
>
>For matters related to this specific bug, please reply to the other
>thread i just initiated on this list, called "Firefox and Java bug"

"Trying out Java 1.5 has no point, since many sites are not yet
compatible with this version"

Ok, I thought your previous comment was implying that 1.5 was
incompatible in general. Just setting the record straight there... This
bug looks like a firefox one agreed, probably not letting the java text
field get the focus it needs to become active

regards
calvin