root password keeps expiring

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Apr 29 00:46:45 UTC 2005

Having a bunch of issues brought on perhaps, by installing kde-redhat in level
5, but that's another story. One thing that is happenning that's baffling me
is that my root password keeps expiring. Apparently, that's what's happenning
as when I try to su - from a terminal, that's what the message says. Anywhere
else I have to put in root password, the box just returns an error about
'wrong password'. I know how to go to single user and reset it, but I just
did that three hours ago, and it has expired again! Can someone help? What
can I do to stop this? I did open Kuser after the last reset and root was set
to never expire, but two hours later, it has.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA