Fedora development: scp has really slow transfer speed

Kenneth Jensen xmlsec at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:17:15 UTC 2005

I just installed Fedora Development on a server that was running
Fedora Core 3 until this afternoon. Now I am trying to copy my backup
data onto the box, with scp and I realise that the transfer speed is
close to DSL speeds - while I am on a LAN, with a 100Mbit connection
to each mashine (and a GB fiber based backbone).  :(

It is currently copying a 600 MB tar file at the tremendous speed of
82 kb/s, which will take a couple of hours... I have been doing these
kind of scp and rsync operations all the time, and usually the
transfer speeds are around 10-11 MB/s.

Anybody has an idea of what's going on?

---
Cheers,